Amherst Pelham Health Care Trust
MIIA/Blue Cross Blue Shield
Health Benefits – Offered through the Amherst Pelham Health Claims Trust (APHCT)The Town offers two types of health plans: a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) which the Town contributes 75% of the premium and a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) which the Town contributes 80% of the premium. The balance of the premium is deducted pre-tax from the employee’s paycheck on a biweekly basis.
When can coverage start?
New Hire: If employee’s effective date of hire is prior to the tenth (10th) of the month, coverage will begin on the first (1st) day of the following month (example: hired 1/5 coverage starts 2/1). If effective date of hire is after the tenth (10th) of the month, coverage will begin the first day following the second month of employment (example 1/19 coverage starts 3/1)
Open Enrollment: Held annually in April and changes take effect July 1.
Qualifying Event: Certain “life events” are eligible to make changes to your plan such as: marriage, divorce, birth/adoption of a child, loss of other coverage. The change must be reported within 30 days of the event and with proper documentation. Please contact HR if you have specific questions or to confirm your situation is eligible under a qualifying event.
** Please note it is the employee’s responsibility to notify the Accounting office of any other types of changes such as name change, address change, corrections.
If declining coverage, a waiver of insurance form must be completed and returned to Accounting.
If planning to retiree, please review this summary of health insurance and retirement.
- MIIA Blue Cross Enrollment Form
- HMO and PPO Benefit Information Center eKit 2019
- Rates Effective 7/1/2019
- Blue Cross Deductible Fact Sheet
- Blue Cross Medication Tier
- MyBLue Medication Look Up
- Blue Cross Hospital Tiers
- MyBlue Online Registration
- MyBlue Member App
- $9 for 90 Generics Program
- $9 Medication List
- Medex 2 Effective 1/1/2020
- Blue MedicareRX PDP Summary of Benefits 1/1/2020
- Blue MedicareRX PDP Formulary 1/1/2020
- Blue MedicareRX PDP Formulary Changes 1/1/2020
- Medicare Part D Coverage Determination Form
Health Insurance Opt-Out Program
- Blue Cross Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Cross Weight Loss Reimbursement
- MIIA EAP Services
- AllOne Health EAP Quick Link
Health Insurance Transition to MIIA/Blue Cross Blue Shield Effective 7/1/18
- HMO Summary of Benefits MIIA July 1, 2018
- HMO Summary of Benefits Coverage MIIA July 1, 2018
- PPO Summary of Benefits MIIA July 1, 2018
- PPO Summary of Benefits Coverage July 1, 2018
- Blue Cross Health Benefit Information Center for HMO and PPO (E-KIT)
- Amherst FY 19 Plan Changes-Comparisons
- Town Manager Health Insurance Letter
- Employee Open Enrollment Letter
- July 1, 2018 Employee Rates