Voting By Mail
Voting by mail is available to all registered voters in Massachusetts. You do not need an excuse to vote by mail. Voters can complete an application or submit any form of written communication requesting a ballot, which must include your signature. APPLICATIONS EXPIRE ANNUALLY ON DECEMBER 31ST
To submit an application:
- Drop off a paper application to the Town Clerk's Office on the first floor of Town Hall (8:00a - 4:30p) or the Collector's box located outside the Main Street side entrance of Town Hall
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: (413) 259-2499
- Applications signed with a mouse, stylus, or finger are acceptable; typed signatures are not
Ballots will be ready for mailing approximately 3-4 weeks before the election.
To return your ballot:
- Drop it in the election drop box outside the Main Street entrance of Town Hall
- Hand deliver it to the Town Clerk's Office anytime Monday-Friday 8a -4:30p
- Mail to Town Clerk, 4 Boltwood Avenue, Amherst, MA 01002
- Ballots must be received at the Town Clerk's Office by the close of polls (8:00p)
- Ballots CANNOT be returned to your polling location on Election Day. They must be returned to the Town Clerk's Office for processing before they are delivered to the polls on Election Day
- If you have returned a mail-in ballot that has been accepted by The Town Clerk's Office - you may NOT vote in-person during Early Voting or on Election Day
- Be sure to SIGN your Ballot Envelope on line #1!
- You can track your ballot to see if our office has received and processed your application; when a ballot was sent to you; and when the returned ballot was received and recorded
When and how your ballot will be cast:
- All vote-by-mail and in-person early ballots will be opened and inserted into a tabulator by election officials in the correct precinct on election day
ACCESSIBLE VOTING BY MAIL - FOR DISABLED VOTERS ONLY
If you are unable to mark a paper ballot because of a disability, you may request an Accessible ballot by filing out an application or by applying online. For more information click here Version OptionsVoting-By-MailHeadline.